Hormonal remedy for transsexual * persons: extensive personal experience
Adjusted from: Gardner, Ivy and Safer, Joshua D. 2013 Advances on the way to better healthcare getting transgender patients. Latest Viewpoint in the Endocrinology, Diabetic issues and you can Carrying excess fat 20(6): 553-558.
Male-to-females transsex- uals reveal gender-atypical hypothalamus activation whenever smelling odorous steroid drugs
- To boost transgender individuals’ usage of medical care, new way of transgender treatments has to be generalized and you may accessible to physicians in the multiple areas of expertise.
- A practical target having hormonal procedures for transgender boys (FTM) will be to boost testosterone levels towards regular men psychological diversity (300–1000 ng/dl) from the providing testosterone.
- A practical target for hormone therapy for transgender women (MTF) is to decrease testosterone levels to the normal female range (30–100 ng/dl) without supra- physiological levels of estradiol (<200 pg/ml) by administering an antiandrogen and estrogen.
- Transgender kids normally have stable sex identities and can get GnRH analogs to help you prevents puberty up to they’re able to go-ahead that have hormone procedures as soon as decades sixteen.
Male-to-ladies transsex- uals let you know sex-atypical hypothalamus activation when smell odorous steroid drugs
- Testosterone undecanoate* 160–240mg/time
Male-to-people transsex- uals tell you gender-atypical hypothalamus activation when smell odorous steroid drugs
- Testosterone enanthate otherwise cypionate 50–200mg/few days or one hundred–200mg/14 days
- Testosterone undecanoate a thousand mg/a dozen days
Male-to-ladies transsex- uals inform you gender-atypical hypothalamus activation when smell odorous steroid drugs
- Testosterone step one% solution dos.5 – 10 g/time
- Testosterone patch 2.5 – 7.5 milligrams/time
4. Gorin-Lazard Good, Baumstarck K, Boyer L, et al. Is hormone procedures relevant *with more robust regarding lives inside transsexuals? A corner-sectional study. J Intercourse Med 2012; 9:531–541.
5. Obedin-Maliver J, Goldsmith Parece, Stewart L, mais aussi al. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and you may transgender-associated content for the student medical degree. J Am Med Assoc 2011; – 977.
six. Secure JD, Tangpricha V. Out of the tincture: it’s time to traditional way to transgender customers. Hormonal Pract 2008; – 250.
7. Reiner WG, Gearhart JP. Discordant intimate identity in some hereditary people which have cloacal exstrophy tasked so you’re able to girls gender during the birth. N Engl J Med 2004; – 341.
J Intercourse Med 2008; 5:1892–1897
8. Meyer-Bahlburg HFL. Gender identity consequences inside the ladies-elevated 46,XY for each and every- sons which have genital agenesis, cloacal exstrophy of bladder, otherwise penile ablation. Arch Sex Behav 2005; – 438.
9. Zhou J-Letter, Hofman MA, Gooren LJG, Swaab DF. A sex difference between your mind and its particular regards to transsexuality. Characteristics 1995; – 70.
10. Kruijver FP, Zhou JN, Pool CW, ainsi que al. Male-to-females transsexuals provides females neuron number in an excellent limbic nucleus. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000; – 204z
several. Rametti G, Carrillo B, Wade ?mez-Gil Age, mais aussi al. White matter microstructure for the people to help you male transsexuals prior to mix-sex hormones procedures. An effective diffusion tensor imaging research. J Psychiatr Res 2011; – 204.
fifteen. Liao L-M, Audi L, Magritte E, et al. Determinant circumstances regarding intercourse name: a commentary. J Pediatr Urol 2012; 8:597–601.
16. Industry Elite Association for Transgender Wellness. Conditions off care for the wellness from transsexual, transgender, and gender nonconforming people. 7th ed.; 2011. 20V7%20-%202011%20WPATH.pdf (Reached with the )
17. Hembree Restroom, Cohen-Kettenis P, Delemarre-van de Waal HA, et al. Endo- crine therapy of transsexual persons: an enthusiastic Endocrine People systematic behavior rule. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2009; – 3154.
20. Bockting WO, Miner MH, Swinburne Romine Lso are, mais aussi al. Stigma, mental health, * and you can strength when you look at the an internet take to of your own United states transgender society. Have always been J Personal Wellness 2013; – 951.
21. Olshan JS, Spack NP, Eimicke T, mais aussi al. Evaluation of the efficacy out of sub-cutaneous government off testosterone inside the ladies so you’re able to men transexuals and you may hypogonadal men. Endocr Rev 2013; 34:(03_MeetingAbstracts): MON- 594.
22. Nagarasi-Pasha Yards, Tang WHW. New part out of aldosterone receptor antagonists on handling of cardio failure: an upgrade. Cleve Clin J Med 2012; – 639.
23. Asscheman H, Giltay EJ, Megens JAJ, et al. A long-label pursue-upwards study of mortality in transsexuals being treated which have cross-gender hormonal. Eur J Endocrinol 2011; – 642.
twenty-four. Wierckx K, Mueller S, Weyers S, et al. Long-label assessment away from cross-sex * hormones therapy into the transsexual people. J Sex Med 2012; 9:2641–2651.
twenty-five. Wallien MSC, Cohen-Kettenis PT. Psychosexual result of gender-dysphoric college students. J Have always been Acad Man Adolesc Psychiatry 2008; – 1423. twenty-six. Cohen-Kettenis PT, Delemarre-van de Waal HA, Gooren LJG. The treatment of teenage transsexuals: modifying wisdom.
twenty-seven. De- Vries ALC, Steensma TD, Doreleijers TAH, Cohen-Kettenis PT. Adolescence suppression for the kids with sex identity disorder: a prospective go after-upwards studies. J Gender Med 2011; 8:2276 – 2283.
28. Secure JD, Pearce En. A straightforward guides posts changes increased medical college student comfort which have transgender medicine. Endocrine Pract 2013; –44.